Boxing icon Muhammad Ali has passed away leaving a sizeable estate and the Daily Mail recently reported on what is currently known about his estate in "Ali's family to spar over his $50million fortune: Fourth wife Lonnie will act as executor as his NINE children, exes and brother prepare to enter the ring for a slice of inheritance."
The known details include:
- It is believed that Ali's fourth wife, Lonnie, will act as the executor of his estate.
- His known potential heirs include nine children, a brother and his ex-wives. However, it is not currently known which if any of them will inherit a portion of Ali's estate or how much. For that reason, it is not currently possible to know whether a challenge to his estate plan is likely.
- It is estimated that Ali's net worth at the time of his passing was approximately $50 million.
- Up until the time of his death Ali continued to earn money through the company he founded, GOAT LLC. However, he sold the majority of the company a few years ago and retained only a 20% interest in it.
- His estate also includes property in Arizona and Kentucky. It is also possible that his estate will include memorabilia from his fighting days that could potentially be worth millions.
Reference: Daily Mail (June 2, 2016) "Ali's family to spar over his $50million fortune: Fourth wife Lonnie will act as executor as his NINE children, exes and brother prepare to enter the ring for a slice of inheritance."